The task is to search programs from the Yle API
- The application should have an input field where the user can provide what programs to search for (a search query).
- The Finnish title of each result should be displayed in a scrollable list.
- When submitting a search, only the first 10 results should be retrieved from the API.
- When the user scrolls to the last few items in the list, the next 10 results should be appended to the list.
- Pressing on the row should display more details about the program. For this you can select any 5 revelant fields from the JSON.
- Unity UI
- A JSON library
- I find that the Unity Json Utility has some limitations (e.g. we can’t easily import an array of objects)
- I found (and use here) a port Json.Net.Unity3D of the famous Newtonsoft Json.NET library
- To build to iOS I have to tweak some things in XCode (more information in the Port github above)
- Essentialy it’s a good practice to use Coroutines when doing webRequest so we have non-blocking requests
- Visual Studio has awesome tools to “rebuild” a Json Structure into an OOP-ish object